The team at Verquer. adresses topics, questions and problems of global (in)justice. With its diverse (educational) on global learning methods it invites people to examine there own way of life and thereby shows possibilities to shape the world more justly. Verquer. promotes the ability to form one's own opinion and to discover one's individual scope of action. We want to strengthen competencies to help shape the future and connect to the everyday life and the living environment of the participants.
Are you interested in a volunteering year at verquer? We are looking for a sympathetic, interested, committed, independent person to join our team.
The focus of this position includes educational work, whether with young people at school or in recreational settings or at public events. Also, the involvement of refugees at verquer. and other projects that are close to us, e.g. STRAZE can be a focus of the work. Please contact us if you would like to become part of our team. But also other tasks in the project are possible.
Volunteers support the main staff in various tasks:
- Public relations and representation of the project
- Updating the educational materials on our global learning topics
- Coordination, preparation and implementation of educational events
- Participation in the conceptual work for new project offers
- Attendance of topic-specific trainings with subsequent knowledge transfer to others
- Participation in our bi-weekly radio show "VeRa"
- Involving refugees in the work at verquer. (e.g. support in establishing contacts, enabling the participation of refugees in the (educational) offers, leisure activities with refugee children and young people, networking with other organizations and individuals)
What you should bring:
- Experience or interest in educational activities
- Interest in political and pedagogical topics, especially in the field of human rights & global justice
- Interest in working with different people/groups
What we offer you:
During your volunteering year, you will be able to get to know other areas of the organization, too. We will accompany and advise you in your daily work. An open-minded and lively group of young people will support you in a cooperative and collegial way.
There will be many opportunities for further training and to be involved in projects that are beyond the main focus of your tasks and that correspond to your interests.
Get in touch
Stralsunder Straße 10