Democracy Trainstation Anklam
The „Demokratiebahnhof Anklam“ [the democracy trainstation] is a youthclub and cultural centre, that was founded by young people in 2014, and is run and organised since then by volunteers.
The weekly program includes, amongst others, the open youth club, different workshop and activities, for instance sewing, screen printing or a rehearsal space, a community garden and an open bicycle workshop and a few external activities, for instance at local schools. Additionaly we run cultural events, like concerts or readings or information evenings. In 2018 we also startet to set a meeting centre for neighbours and travelers in the trainstation building. Also: If you have ideas, we have the physical space and ressources to realise them!
– organising the regular opening hours of the youth club with and for young people
– planning and executing projects and workshops, for example during the holidays
– gardening and building in our community garden
– realise own ideas and projects
– helping with constructional work in the building and the garden
– public relations (designing posters, flyers, writing press releases, website posts, looking after our blog and social media
– cooking (vegan/vegetarian) and eating together (KüFA → Küche für Alle → kitchen for everyone)
– participation in different activities or action days in Anklam