The Kabutze is an open sewing studio in Greifswald and looking for an international volunteer from September 2019 – August 2020.
– a non-commercial open sewing studio for everyone
– volunteer-run team of 8 people of different ages and genders
– ciritcal of hierarchies, decide with consensus, no company, we don‘t sell or produce stuff
– open studio: we help visitors with sewing, repairing and upcycling their clothes – Sewing workshops: tailoring and upcycling with experts
– Upcycling Workshops: with pupils, on street parties, with our cargo-bike with built in pedal-powered sewing maschine
– Clothes swap: swap old clothes and save resources
– Talks: on working conditions in the textile industry, gender norms, beauty myths, fair and organic production, capitalism
YOU for supporting our team 🙂
* You should be interested in sewing and the social and ecological effects of fashion.
* You should be able to sew.
* Ideally you already have experiences in public relations or organising events.
* We are looking for a person that can work very independent, can solve task by themselves and is interested in finding decision together with our team.
Your tasks could be
– helping with the opening hours
– supporting the public realtions (social media, Website, Newsletter, leaflet spreading) – Workshops: applications, building up, preparations, documentation
– write instructions/how-tos, make mini-repair eorkshops
– your own project e.g. organising an event, swap-closet, project with refugess, or something completly different…
– Travel costs, accommodation and insurance provided
– Pocket money and food allowance (361€/month)
– begin: 1.9.2019
– a kind team and a lot to learn
– chilled self-determinded workspace and rhythm
– use the studio 24/7 for free
Get in touch!
Please write an Email with your application and we can talk/skype to get to know each other!